Sunday, 29 April 2007

Power Pramming

I'm trying to get back into running. I really don't like it much, but it's cheap and easy and I can fit it into my life a lot easier than a trip to the gym. Eldest Child's nursery school is really just down the road from our house, so I've been trying to run down there in the mornings, with the younger ones strapped into the buggy and Eldest Child perched on the end, holding on for dear life. It's quite a workout, pushing the three lumps along, and I feel pretty good afterwards.

I've also started running with a bunch of other mothers in a local park. We run in pairs, encouraging each other to keep going. It is a really good experience for me. Everyone is at a different fitness level, and there is a real sense of camaraderie. At the end of the run, we do stretches and baby lifts. The looks we get from members of the public are worth every moment of being red-faced and out of breath.

I'm no fitness expert and I'm certainly far from healthy myself, but it's exciting to see a change in my endurance levels. I want to be a good example to my kids so we don't turn into a couch potato family.

Because, this no TV thing? Yeah, it didn't last very long. I'm weak; hence the running to burn off extra calories!

No comments: