Wednesday, 6 June 2007

freecycle knocks my socks off!

Seriously, freecycle freaking RULES! I've only been a member for a week or so, and have managed to procure a couple of book shelves (to spread the junk thinly), a baby bath seat so Baby Child can sit up and splash, a rabbit hutch (more on that another day) and a froggy sandpit with a lid to keep cats away. These generous people have saved me shedloads of money, and I am very grateful.

Plus, I now have a way to offload a bunch of my unwanted stuff, without dumping it and wasting perfectly good items that I just don't need anymore. I'm in love with this system, I really am.

I'm a big believer in the saying, "What goes around, comes around," so the idea of giving stuff away to help someone else out really appeals to me. For example, I've been given so many baby clothes and assorted paraphernalia that one needs to care for a baby, that it's my policy to give away as much of my unneeded baby stuff as possible. Anything that has sentimental value stays, but everything else is leaving my house!

Don't get me wrong, it's still a cluttered mess in here, but I'm starting to resign myself to the fact that it always will be a cluttered mess in my home. Embrace the clutter, release some stress....? We'll see. I may just be freecycling my entire home contents instead. Watch this space!

No comments: