Tuesday, 18 September 2007

Ode to Aggie

I have a car now! It's a cute little Nissan Micra hatchback, silver, and is very basic. It's a far cry from the rental car provided by the insurance company; that sucker was only a few months old and had all the mod cons. It was fun, don't get me wrong, but this little Micra has plenty of charms herself.

Besides the great fuel economy and cheap insurance, it reminds me of my first car, a 1983 Honda Civic. I am filled with nostalgia whenever I drive little Aggie, and that makes me oddly joyful. I feel like I'm 16 again; I turn up the music with the windows down, zip around town and sing along with my kids. Everyone is in new carseats; Baby is in the front, in a reversible carseat that can face forwards and backwards. She's only 8 months, so she's still facing backwards. But that's cool, because she can see the older kids in the back and they chat to each other. Eldest is happy, because her new carseat has pink stripes. Middle child is now in a booster seat, and these new boosters are great because the back rests pop off for when they are too big for them and only need a little extra height.

I'm happy. Little Aggie will get us from place to place with ease, and now I can buy a month's worth of groceries again. Huzzah!

In other news, Middle child is fully potty trained! The relief I'm feeling is unbelievable. Those toilet stickers I mentioned are AMAZING. I've been telling everyone about them, and I cannot rave enough. I love them so very much. Ever since sticking one in the toilet bowl, he races to the loo and has not had a single accident. I know I risk jinxing the whole thing by writing about it, but I just can't keep my mouth shut about them! They are the best product I've found for children, except for my Phil & Teds E3 buggy. Now Middle child can go off to nursery school and I won't be sitting by the phone, waiting for a call from his teachers to take him home and clean him up! Whew.

No comments: