Wednesday, 7 November 2007

Clerkin' it up.

Well, the interview went well! I am now a Clerk to the Governers of Local Lower School, My Town. Woo hoo!

I am really glad I bought the suit now, because regardless of the impression my clothes made on the interviewers, I felt very smart, professional and grown-up wearing it. I used large words and made myself sound intelligent. I took myself by surprise really, because I am so used to reading Dr Seuss books and talking about bodily fluids all day. I actually have a brain in there somewhere!

My new boss (!!) told me I have all the skills they want for the position "in abundance." How cool is that! This has really made my day. The job isn't high paying -- meetings only take place a few nights a year -- but it's something to add to my resume and keep me sharp. Plus, they provide free training and this could lead to another clerking position with more hours at some point in the future. Who knows?

My first interview in four and a half years, and I was offered the position two hours later. Not bad!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Go Sarah! Go Sarah!

When's the first meeting?

Jenn said...

Congrats!

RaisinCookies said...

Thanks! I don't know when the first meeting is; there is still the formality of references, etc. Hopefully it will all be done and dusted by the end of the month....

Neen said...

Congrats!