Monday, 21 January 2008

Behold, my creative POWAH.


Eldest isn't having her birthday party until April, but I've started getting things ready. At the moment, I've nearly finished making the party bags. They are actually more like boxes, made of felt with a bit of frou-frou at the top.

I'm really enjoying making these. I've only got two more to go, and I'm fast enough now to sew it all together in an hour or so.

Next on the agenda is sewing a bunch of aprons for the party goers. I am putting together a baking themed party, so the girls will have their very own aprons to decorate before getting stuck into making their own pizzas and decorating fairy cakes. I haven't decided if I'm going to make chef hats yet or not; I have a feeling I will be fed up with sewing before too long!

But, at the moment, things are going well and I haven't lost steam yet. I need to get back to knitting as well.... I've been knitting a scarf for Eldest, making it up as I go along, and it's kind of odd. I started making it far too wide for a little kid, so I reduced my stitches too quickly and the end now looks like a weird bulbous bell of some sort. I'm just going to pretend that I made it that way on purpose.

3 comments:

Anna said...

That sounds like a most excellent party. Seriously, if I was invited to a party like that I would go and have a great time.

And your party bag/box is very pretty!

RaisinCookies said...

Maybe we should have a grown-ups baking party! That would be a laugh. :)

Jillian said...

That party sounds like so much fun! I also agree that it would be fun as an adult party as well.

I love the party bags too, they are adorable.

Jillian
(bluebelle)