Saturday, 5 January 2008

It is finished.

Photobucket

I finally finished knitting my daughter's Christmas present. Yes, I am aware that it's January. We'll call it her "Twelfth Night" present instead. Yeah, that's the ticket....

Anyway. The yarn I used was originally just to practice on, but the darned thing took me so long to make that I just soldiered on and finished the dress with it. It's probably the ugliest yarn in the world, and Eldest has made her feelings on the subject clear.

"I don't LIKE this colour! I want her dress to be the same colour as her scarf!", she shouted. She then accentuated her dislike by hurling the doll across the room, as if that would make the dress magically change colours.

Funnily enough, it didn't. Gratitude schmatitude, hrmph!

4 comments:

Anna said...

Oh Sarah, it is beautiful! Everything I dreamt it would be.

I have some lilac, pale yellow and white you can have if that would please her majesty.

RaisinCookies said...

Thanks very much! That would help get me back in her good graces.

And, if you want, I could always knit you a full sized dress in the same colour!

ClaSonny said...

many greetings from italy

RaisinCookies said...

Thanks for looking!