Monday, 11 February 2008

Etsy, will you marry me?

I've found a new love of my life: the world of Etsy. There are such beautiful, beautiful things on there, and I want to buy EVERYTHING.

What I've particularly fallen in love with of late is PenFelt's creations. She makes these adorable little felted rings that have candy-like baubles on the top. They look so cosy and edible at the same time, I knew that I had to have them. In fact, I've actually commissioned her to make 8 little girl rings for Eldest's birthday party. Woo! I can't wait to see them; I may not give them away, but just wear them myself on my pinky fingers and my little toes.

I'm buying something for myself, though. This flower pin is just beautiful, and I plan to wear it with very smart looking attire for when I go to work or something. Or I might just wear it with everything, even my jogging clothes, because I will never want to take it off. That's just how much I love it.

Although, I do not buy these items without pangs of guilt. Oh no. I've spent a lot of money on Eldest's birthday party this year, even after swearing to myself that I wouldn't go overboard or make it a crazy broo-haha. Ummm... I've gone overboard. Just a bit. If you count the cost of the homemade party bags, the homemade aprons (that I still haven't finished, but when I do, you shall see them), the party food (still not completely decided yet, but will include child-made pizzas and child-made fairy cakes), the party games, the napkins and plates and cups. Ack. I've still got a lot to do, and I'm getting caught up in the minutiae of getting little felt rings to go into the party bags!

Even so. They are going to be adorable.

2 comments:

Um... Yum! said...

I love Etsy! Creating an account and selling stuff on there is on my list of things to do.

Those felt candy things are adorable. Nice find! :o)

RaisinCookies said...

You should totally do it! I've created an account for myself, and I have plans to sell stuff.... we'll see. I still have to get past this birthday party deal. Maybe I'll be up to the task after that.

If you do open up a store, be sure to share the link!