Tuesday, 5 February 2008

It's Shrove Tuesday again!

I blogged about pancake day last year, and I think I've learned a few things. This year, I made the blueberry sauce in the microwave. I actually bought maple syrup this year instead of trying to melt sugar to make a DIY syrup. I used a different recipe, so no blender was needed. We didn't have bacon, but that was just because I forgot. Mmmm... bacon....

Anyway. Here are a few pictures of our pancake experience.

The batter. This recipe has oats and whole wheat flour in it. Super healthy!


Frozen strawberries. They were okay, but fresh would have been better. (No, we did not eat them like little red ice cubes -- the microwave is a wonderful defrosting tool)

The sauces. No pancake would be complete without "Pure Canadian Maple Syrup."



All cooked, ready for dressing and eating.


All dressed up in (defrosted) strawberries and a lovely blueberry sauce.


Eating their ill-gotten gains. Okay, not ill-gotten. Just eating their ... gains ... I guess.

This one took off before I could capture an unflattering picture of her as she ate. That's her princess doll she's holding there.


Please, sir, can I have some more?

No comments: