Thursday, 13 March 2008

The baby hedgehog has arrived!


She's 8 days old, and she'll be paired up with Charlie to make little baby hedgehogs of our own! Eldest has already decided that she will be called Rosie. What do you think? Does she look like a Rosie to you?

I've started down the slippery slope of pet-dom. For years I ascertained that I would not have pets and that I shovel enough poop, thankyouverymuch. But Charlie is a breeze to care for, and another one isn't going to be much extra work. This is dangerous thinking, though. Before I realise it, 10 years from now we'll have six cats, three rats, a dog and a pony out back. Noooooo! I put my foot down at the pony.

Okay, well, it depends on if we have enough land for it, but until then....

1 comment:

Lucy said...

She's adorable! Congratulations on the new "baby"! :-) Hedgies are so cute; I wish I could get one.