Friday, 26 February 2010

New fabric squares!

I bought some vintage reproduction I-spy print fabric squares on Etsy recently, and I just got them through the post! Aren't they just delicious? (pic is clickable)



I'm using them to make a quilt for my comic book loving son (anything with tiny pictures for him to pore through makes him happy!), minus a few of the prints that are too girly. I'll be using those for a different project.

I haven't been able to do a lot of sewing this week due to a nasty flu-y thing that I caught and haven't been able to shake. It's driving me batty! I just want to do stuff, but I have to rest after a few minutes. Yesterday I was able to work on my baby quilt again. I joined it with a fleece blanket rather than doing the whole batting plus backing and binding thing, and I sewed the fleece all wonky. It got bunched up and folded over itself while I was sewing, and it looked such a mess. So I unpicked all the stiches and will start over. The blanket had to be trimmed, so it'll be a bit smaller than it would have been if I didn't mess up in the first place, but I can live with smaller. It was the bunched up mess that was really getting to me.

Happy Friday!

No comments: