Thursday, 11 March 2010

Fat quarters ahoy!

So I went to the quilting shop to buy a squaring ruler, and spent 40 minutes looking through their stockpile of beautiful fat quarters and found these:


My tastes in fabric have been leaning towards more of the Moda-esque bright pinks and greens or pale and antique-y blues, creams and pinks. I thought it was time to break out of those colours, even if I do adore them!

This is the first time I've chosen multi-patterned, multi-coloured fabrics to go together. I think I did pretty well!

Now, to find a project for them....

5 comments:

Karen said...

Lovely bright, happy fabric!

grandmarockton said...

sould be BEAUTITFUL!

Vivian said...

Those fabrics are fabulous! I'm jealous. LOL. Isn't it funny how a quick stop at the quilt shop turns into an adventure?

amy smart said...

What a happy little pile!

And congratulations on your first quilting ruler. You'll never regret it and possibly use it every day. :)

Love the filmstrip quilt you've started!. Also, your additional i-spy squares are on their way. Hopefully they get there quick!

RaisinCookies said...

Thanks everyone! I prewashed them last night with a colour catcher, and I'm so glad I did! That red would have caused problems otherwise...

Vivian, I'm glad that my quilting shop is on the outside of town, because otherwise I'd be running over there far too often!

Amy, thanks again for the additional squares. You're so kind. :)