Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Five Little Blocks


This afternoon I sewed together five of the fifteen 9-square blocks that I need for my son's quilt.

I am using the I-Spy fabric I bought recently, but had to add extra squares in there to make it the size I wanted. Unfortunately, when I cut most of the 90-odd squares I wanted, I hadn't bought a rotary cutter yet. It is difficult to cut exactly square with scissors, and the blocks are a little off as a result. I'm not going to stress out about it, but I do need to square up the blocks before sewing everything together. For that I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a quilting ruler. There's just no way I'm going to get these blocks perfectly square without one!

No blog entry is complete without a few pictures, so here is what I made today.


I love the little chap in the corner, with his nicely combed hair and hands in his pocket. He's so cheerful!


Doesn't the bottom middle square look like a section from a Candy Land game?


I love the Uncle Sam hats.


The little rocket man kills me!



And of course, SOCK MONKEYS.

No comments: