Wednesday, 17 March 2010

Need a quilt pattern idea!

My husband has been watching me beaver away at the kids' quilts over these past weeks, and just the other day said that he would like a quilt of his own. I'm ecstatic! I would love to make a quilt for my dear husband, but now I'm at a loss.

You see, he wants it to be "camo" themed. He wants the fabric to be from camouflage, and clearly, the pattern needs to reflect the manliness of such fabrics.

I am off to an army surplus store today, to see what kinds of fabric they might have, but I wonder if there are any quilt patterns out there that are geared towards more Manly Quilts.

Any help would be appreciated!

3 comments:

vesta44 said...

You could try either the Log Cabin or Rail Fence patterns. I made a Rail Fence comforter for my son when he was a teenager (quilt top, batting, backing, and tied, not quilted). He still has it, 20 years later, and his son, who is a teenager now, uses it.

RaisinCookies said...

I've never come across a Rail Fence pattern before (such a newb!), but Google is my friend. :)

I love it! I will definitely be using this pattern; thanks for the suggestion!

tarabu said...

If you come across (or have in your cupboard) some old bdu's that need to be cut up, substituting a chunk of pants pocket for a block makes a dandy remote holder for the sofa blanket. Of course we all know he won't actually use the pocket . . . . .