Tuesday, 13 April 2010

The Manliest Quilt Ever

I've been working on my husband's quilt off and on recently, but yesterday I really made a lot of headway. I'm using a simple rail fence pattern, so all the hard work is really now over! I cut all three different camo fabrics into strips, sewed them all together, and cut them into blocks.

Now to sew them back up again. I haven't decided how big the quilt will be; a friend of mine suggested using an ex-military wool blanket as the backing, but I think that will be far too scratchy for normal use. It would make the blanket ├╝ber manly, though!

I think it's coming along nicely; don't you?

1 comment:

vesta44 said...

That is going to look so awesome when it's done. Maybe you could find some camouflage fleece for the backing to carry on the theme?