Saturday, 1 May 2010

Beautiful Music! Dangerous Rhythm!

For the past several months, not only have I been growing a new bean, I've also been rehearsing for a concert with a local operatic society.
This is me, in all my chubby-cheeked, fecund glory! Not too keen on the sparkly jacket/sack I was required to wear, but meh. It's just a costume! In this picture, I'm singing a solo from the song "I Will Wait For You". It's a French song, so my solo was sung in French.

Just for the record, I only took one year of French, my senior year of high school. It was just for fun, and I remember pretty much nothing of the experience. I was a tad nervous when I was asked to sing it!

Thankfully, all went well, and the show was a success overall. I have so much fun performing, and can't wait to get back into it in a year or so. Life will be busy when the baby comes, but once she's a year old or so, I'll be able to do their Gilbert & Sullivan production, Yeoman of the Guard. That should be great!

But the next thing on the agenda is to collapse in a tired, tired heap. Happy weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Vivian said...

Congrats to you! Oh what an experience...unfortunately when I sing my girls ask me to stop...even when they were 2.

And you look great...like a glowing expectant mom.

BTW, love the post from the other day on Dr. Who LOL. We just got that episode last night here and my 11 y.o. has proclaimed this her new favourite show and she very much prefers the new doctor over the last one. Your daughter was so much fun to listen to...my other daughter couldn't believe she's only 3 and already has an accent. I have to explain accents to her I think.

RaisinCookies said...

Aw, thanks! I love singing, so I will certainly miss being in shows when the baby is small, but I'm sure the time will pass quickly!

I'm surprised by how much my kids love Doctor Who. I thought it would be too scary for them, but not so much!

The accent thing kills me -- my eldest is 7 and has a great mix of American and English accents, but the younger two don't sound like me at all! We have a lot of fun mixing and matching pronunciations and terminology, but I'm pretty sure the British Way will win out in the end.