Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Beginning a New Obsession....


Oh, yes, those are hexagons you see before you! I've been considering taking up this little sewing project for some time, and when I found some card paper hiding in my box-of-things-I-ought-to-organise-but-haven't-yet, I decided to take the plunge. I printed some 1.5 inch hexagons, and got cutting.

Reasons to like this project include: sewing while watching tv, portability, cuteness factor.

Reasons I shouldn't have started: I have no plans on what to do with them yet, this will take me forever to complete, I'll probably never get back to it once I have the baby (which will be soon, I hope!).

Unfortunately, starting this project has given me the excuse to buy more fabric! If these hexagons turn into a quilt, it won't be a true scrappy quilt because I just don't have enough fabric in my possession to make every hexagon from a different pattern. I'm just enjoying the process for now, anyway. :)

5 comments:

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

have fun with those! Looks like the start of something FABULOUS!

RaisinCookies said...

Thanks!

angela said...

Yep, a great new obsession!

amy smart said...

I'm just gettting started on hexies myself. I'm in need of a portable summer project and this looks to be the perfect thing. Can't wait to get started.

Yours look wonderful! (Love that deer ;)

RaisinCookies said...

Have fun with it! I'm enjoying the process, because it's going to take TONS in order to make anything substantial. And that's okay. :)

The deer is just perfect for a hexagon, isn't it?