Tuesday, 11 May 2010

Other Baby Items I've Made!

My creative side is in full swing lately, and after reading up on ideas how to make a crinkle teething square for a baby, I decided to make a few myself. As mentioned before, I have a couple of friends due with babies only a few weeks after me, so I'm putting together a few small gifts for them.

The crinkle squares were a lot of fun to make! Aside from the animal appliqués, the square itself was simple and easy. I used a non-biodegradable plastic bag, cut out two layers and sewed it in between two squares of fabric. The squares make a lovely crinkly sound; hopefully the babies will enjoy them in a few months!

I made a little bib out of the same fabric I used for the animal appliqués. They are mostly for show, as I didn't add a terry layer to them so they won't be particularly absorbent. Ah well! Hopefully the pretty fabric will distract the receivers from noticing....










The hedgehog set is all for meeeee!

No comments: