Wednesday, 2 June 2010

One Flower Wednesday: One of these things is not like the other!



My first two hexagon flowers are complete! I have such an odd assortment of fabrics, that I realised that they probably won't all go very well together in one large quilt. We'll see. I love both these flowers very much, but the one on the left has a much more old-fashioned feel to it than the one on the right.

Also, the one on the left was my first attempt at sewing hexagons together, and you can see most of my stitching peeking through. I may just chalk it up to "needing more experience" and leave it to one side when I'm making the full quilt or whatever these little flowers will turn into.

But yay! Thank you to Journey of a Quilter for kicking me into gear with my hexagons! If I can manage to keep on sewing hexagons 6 days a week and then a flower or two one day a week, I will feel like progress is ... progressing. :)

Happy Wednesday to you all. If you feel so inclined, labour vibes sent in my general direction will be greatly appreciated!

18 comments:

Sandra Henderson said...

Lovely flowers! Your garden will grow in no time... XO :)

Saskia said...

I like your flowers, and use every fabric you have to make it a beautiful charm quilt. I made a charm-quilt last year. we swapped fabric on my quilt-group. And you had to use everything. I thought some of the fabrics would make the quilt look ugly... But it turned out perfect!

Tineke said...

Nice to find you here amongst the gardeners...I had seen some of your comments about being tempted...
well, from now on your garden will flourish, I am sure! I love your flowers, both of them and remember....anything goes, so please just put your first flower in your quilt...it has a story to tell :-)

All the best,
Tineke

Lynne said...

Sending labour vibes sending labour vibes sending labour vibes....!

Fiesta said...

Beautiful.

Joan said...

You will find they all go together beautiffully. They are great!

Sue said...

Your hexies are so sweet. Love your fabrics:)

Marcia said...

They are both beautiful. I'll be back next week to see what you've been up to.

Cybele's patch said...

They are both lovely. Perfect for a flower garden.

Cathi said...

Fantastic flowers -- and I agree, use one of each of your fabrics and you will have a beautiful charm quilt!

RaisinCookies said...

Thanks for all the compliments, labour vibes, and advice. :) I'm excited to keep sewing, and have in fact had to force myself NOT to sew too many flowers at once; I need to keep at the hexagons and not get too far ahead of myself!

Still no baby....

Sheila said...

Lovely flowers and they will go fine together , the background you choose will make all the difference .

JustCindy said...

I really like the blue flower!

Melissa said...

I have the same trouble as you. Lots of fabrics that aren't the same. However, I may seperate them with white fabric and maybe they'll work.

Karen said...

Your flowers are beautiful and will all blend perfectly together. The best gardens have a great mix of flowers and colours.

merumo said...

Are you getting addicted by now? I am absolutely! Your flowers are looking so cute, and they may get along well with others. I think that is a part of fun of playing with the scraps :)

Valentina said...

labour vibes... labour vibes.... have you tried raspberry leaf tea, I remember that's what they do in Holland... but check first! :)
I love your hexi-flowers, and all you need to do is fill out the spaces in between, colour-wise and style-wise and you will have an amazing meadow!
keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Valentina

Theresa said...

Congratulations on the first flowers in your garden :) Hope your labour starts soon - ripe pineapple worked for me!