But every single time I make something to sell, the joy of actually making it gets sucked out of me and I can't do it anymore. It's kind of baffling, but there it is.
Then I hit upon a GREAT idea: a giveaway on my blog! Hurray! I get the fun of making something, and the excitement of giving it to someone who wants it.
After thinking about it, I decided to make a little stream with a gnome house and bridge leading to a field of flowers.
The gnome is dressed in gender neutral colours, so the recipient can decide if it's a boy or girl gnome.
Little gnome has many beautiful flowers to enjoy in the field, whilst picnicking or just taking a stroll.
The bridge is a great location for fishing, or perhaps a game of Pooh-sticks.
Taking a stroll....
Such a beautiful day!
There isn't a lot of detail, since it's my second attempt at this playscape thing, but I might come up with a few more things before it gets sent to its new home.
Like, maybe a toadstool or two wouldn't go amiss?
Little gnome surveys his/her domain. A gnome's eye view, if you will.
So! Who wants to enter the giveaway?
I was thinking about the "rules" of the giveaway, and cast my mind on other blogs I've visited (with many more readers than I have!).
They ask for entries by way of:
1. "Like" the blog on Facebook -- I don't have a page on Facebook for my blog
2. Visit their Etsy store and come back with a favourite item and why -- My Etsy store is defunct
3. Tweet or Facebook message about the giveaway -- How would I even know you did that? I don't know how to check up on these things...
Okay, so for the less blog-savvy blogger, here's my simple rules of entering the giveaway (one entry for each item, please leave separate comments for each thing you've done):
1. Leave a comment here on any additions you think I should add to the playscape. I reserve the right to steal your ideas as I see fit!
2. "Follow" the blog. (link should be on the sidebar to the right)
3. Mention the giveaway on your own blog, leaving the link to the blog entry in your comment.
I hope that sounds painless enough!
The playscape itself is smallish (6"x12", I think?) and very lightweight, so I'm happy to send it internationally.
I wish I'd thought of doing this two weeks ago, because now it'll be too late to send to anyone in time for Christmas! Oh well!
Giveaway is open until Thursday morning, 9am GMT. I'll try to get it sent out by this weekend!
Good luck, everyone.
Disclaimer: This playscape is probably best suited to children aged 5+, simply because I don't know how robust it will turn out to be! I've attached the bridge and gnome house to the base as best as I can, but I've never done this before so it might not last long under rough playing conditions.