Wednesday, 4 September 2013

Week One: Smoked Salmon Pasta

Smoked Salmon Pasta
·        Smoked salmon
·        Single cream
·        Spaghetti
·        Cream cheese
·        Rocket leaves
·        Garlic, salt and pepper

1.     Cook spaghetti, drain
2.     Dice smoked salmon; heat in pan until it goes pink/white, add rocket for 1 minute to soften
3.     Add cream, stir; add cream cheese and mix
4.     Simmer very gently for a couple of minutes

5.     Mix sauce & pasta together; serve with salad

Another basic recipe! I just adapted the quantities for what I thought would work for my family size. I also didn't use smoked salmon the first time I made it (just some cheap frozen white fish), which was fine, but the salmon would have given it more depth of flavour I think. The kids gobbled it up, though, which is a marker of success in my book!

No comments: