7-Layer Taco Dip
- · 4 cups shredded lettuce
- · 3 avocadoes, mashed and mixed with 2 Tbs lemon juice
- · 1 ½ cups greek yogurt, mixed with taco seasoning (1 packet, or equivalent home-made)
- · 1 tin black beans, drained
- · 3 medium diced tomatoes
- · 2 cans sliced black olives
- · Grated cheese
- Starting with lettuce on the bottom of your dish, add each layer on top of the next, ending with cheese on top. Serve with corn chips.
This was delicious! I altered it a bit, to work with what we had or could find in the store. I didn't prepare my black beans the night before, so grabbed a couple of tins of re-fried beans that I like to keep in my cupboard. We also used green olives instead of black; they were de-stoned at least, but not pre-sliced! So that took me a while....
I'll probably look harder for black olives next time, because they have a mellower flavour. This recipe made a LOT of dip, which was a perfect relaxed meal for our family.