Sunday, 15 September 2013

Week Two: 7-Layer Taco Dip

7-Layer Taco Dip


  • ·         4 cups shredded lettuce
  • ·         3 avocadoes, mashed and mixed with 2 Tbs lemon juice
  • ·         1 ½ cups greek yogurt, mixed with taco seasoning (1 packet, or equivalent home-made)
  • ·         1 tin black beans, drained
  • ·         3 medium diced tomatoes
  • ·         2 cans sliced black olives
  • ·         Grated cheese



  1. Starting with lettuce on the bottom of your dish, add each layer on top of the next, ending with cheese on top. Serve with corn chips.
This was delicious! I altered it a bit, to work with what we had or could find in the store. I didn't prepare my black beans the night before, so grabbed a couple of tins of re-fried beans that I like to keep in my cupboard. We also used green olives instead of black; they were de-stoned at least, but not pre-sliced! So that took me a while....
I'll probably look harder for black olives next time, because they have a mellower flavour. This recipe made a LOT of dip, which was a perfect relaxed meal for our family.

No comments: