1. Dip chicken into beaten eggs (add salt & pepper to eggs), then dip in chicken in the breadcrumbs.
2. Brown chicken in hot oil.
3. Pour a thin layer of sauce in a casserole dish. Place chicken in dish and cover with more sauce.
4. Sprinkle with cheese, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, at 175C.
5. Remove foil, place slices of mozzarella cheese on chicken. Bake for 10 minutes more.
Serve with salad.
This seemed like more effort than it was worth, because I didn't notice the bread coating on the chicken once it had been cooked in the sauce - it all sort of fell off the "meat" into the sauce! However, we've only tried this recipe once, and it was with "quorn" rather than chicken (a vegetarian meat substitute). Maybe that was the reason why? Or perhaps it needed to be browned for longer... the jury is still out! But when we get to week 2 again, I'll try browning it for longer to see what happens.